Yep, I'm not perfect. For the most part I cherish every day and am so wonderfully grateful for my journey, my business, family, friends and of course my puppy Rio. But yesterday I had a melt down about the 'business' in my business. How can I possibly be impactful and achieve everything I want to achieve, this week, this month, this year!?!
I was in a sea of total overwhelm. I went for a run (it clears my head) that didn't work, I meditated twice, that didn't work, well... it helped a little, I journaled, that didn't help. I couldn't see through the fog of emotional turmoil.
As a last resort I asked for help! It's not my strength, if you can relate to that then keep reading! I've invested heavily in business coaching and still I struggle to ask for help when things get emotional. But this time I had no choice.
Here are some of the things that gave me clarity!
- Don't listen to people that aren't inline with your goals than you. They will only have a limited perspective.
- Only take business advice from people that are earning more money than you. As the saying goes - You are the average of the 5 people you surround yourself with.
- Stop spending time on your business that isn't income generating - all the peripheral stuff can wait - yes that means updating your website.
- Take steps, not leaps, break everything down in to bite size chunks.
- Only action the projects that are of PRIORITY.
- If you need to cry - then cry damn it.
- ASK for help, stop being so proud. In other words - be more vulnerable, you can't do it all on your own.
- Take your Melt Down and see the beauty in it - turn it in to good (hence my blog).
You've probably heard these points before or know them intuitively, however like me, sometimes you just need to be reminded by someone else. So please next time you are having a melt down - don't fight it - be OK with it and ASK for help!
Let me know in the comments if this helped you as much as it help me!